PAUL Partnership in conjunction with Limerick Local Enterprise Office (LEO) will run the Accounting course over 5 mornings, starting Wednesday 18th May.
The course is called “Basic Accounting for Small Startups” and it will provide participants with “an understanding of basic accounting practices to apply in their business”.
The PAUL Partnership, in conjunction with the local Limerick Business Office, will run a ‘Basics of Bookkeeping for Small Business Startups’ bookkeeping course starting Wednesday 18th May over 5 mornings.
— Local Limerick Corporate Office (@leo_limerick) May 10, 2022
By the end of the course, participants will be effective in many areas such as:
- Ability to maintain basic books and records
- Understand accounting terminology and accounting practices
- Understand VAT, PAYE and revenue compliance obligations
Course content includes:
- Importance of having an accounting system
- Preparation of Books and Records – Purchases, Sales, Cash Books
- Journal Checks & Bank Reconciliations
- Complete government forms – VAT returns, PAYE/PRSI;
- Business structures and compliance relevant to everyone.
Padraig Considine, Professional Accounting Solutions will be the course instructor. Padraig has over 20 years of experience delivering training programs and has provided mentorship support to clients on behalf of local business offices across the country.
The course dates are Wednesday May 18, Wednesday May 25, Wednesday June 1, Wednesday June 8 and Thursday June 9. Classes will be delivered via Zoom from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and are free.